Each course consists of 4 weekly 2-hour morning sessions structured as follows:
A course for creative non-fiction writing (Memoir/biography/autobiography).
If you have a story you want to record for posterity or an interest in something or someone specific that you would like to write about, then this may be the course you are looking for. Through prompted written exercises, instruction in the art of writing, and the sharing of your work you will be encouraged and guided through the processes involved in writing about facts in a creative manner.
Week 1. What is creative non-fiction. Why life-writing? Form and structure.
Week 2. How to turn yourself into a character!
Week 3. Finding your writing voice.
Week 4. The shape of the story and the art of storytelling.
The format for each class is as follows:
1. Introductory chat followed by a prompted 10-minute written exercise and reading of
what is written by anyone who wants share.
2. A discussion based on ideas that may have arisen from the contributions.
3. A short break of ten minutes with refreshments provided.
4. An instructive session, based on a handout on the art of writing where a different
element of craft is explored each week.
5. A short discussion referencing the week’s reading assignment.
6. Concluding chat about the writing plans for the week ahead.
Eight participants(max) accepted on course.
You can book your place below by paying the full fee of €100.
I should advise that this course has proven to be very popular in the past so get in fast to avoid disappointment:
Each course costs €100.
Classes are on Monday mornings from 11.00am-1.00pm.
See FAQ section for terms.
© 2022 Kildare Writing Centre - All Rights Reserved.