This course will run like an afterschool club with breaks for refreshments and social chats — always a vital component of young adult get-togethers.
Each session is timetabled as follows:
1. Welcome refreshments and school wind down in the kitchen.
2. Prompted free write in a space in the centre where you feel inspired followed by a sharing of your writing in the classroom.
3. Instruction in the art of writing in the classroom.
4. Break for a leg stretch, a pat of one of the KWC animals and refreshments in the kitchen.
5. Workshop of 2-3 pieces of edited student work.
While this is not school, the student will be encouraged to do reading and writing assignments each week because as all the great writers have told us, the only way to be a writer is to read a lot and write a lot.
Each course will run for 5 weeks and the student will be asked to commit to the full course. As there is an element of trust involved when it comes to sharing your writing it will be important that each group form their own dynamic over the 5 weeks, therefore it would not be appropriate to have a drop in facility.
The cost of the 5 week course which includes the refreshments and handouts is €100.
Courses will take place on Thursdays from 4.30pm-6.30pm.
Remaining course fee of €70 will be due on the first day of the course.
* Please follow up with an email indicating the course you wish to book with your deposit. *